Tihar inmates tell court they are under pressure to kill jailed CWG officials
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
In a sensational development, two undertrials today told a Delhi court that they were allegedly pressurised by Tihar jail officials to kill two Commonwealth Games officials lodged in the high security prison.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav sought a detailed report from the Station House Officer of Hari Nagar police station on December 24.
The application filed by Nishant and Amit, who are facing trial for murder, claimed that they have been under pressure of the Tihar jail officials to eliminate two of the three CWG officials who are in judicial custody.
They have sought security in the wake of "threats" by the jail officials.
Three former top Organising Committee officials T S Darbari, M Jayachandran and Sanjay Mahendroo are in judicial custody in Tihar jail.
Darbari and Mahendroo were arrested on November 15.
Jaychandran is in custody since November 21. All of them are facing corruption charges.
Nishant and Amit submitted they have been recently shifted from an ordinary prison cell to the high security cell where the CWG officials are lodged.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today