Till he is fit, Badal will be CM: Sukhbir
- The Rahul Gandhi interview: 'PM candidates are unconstitutional, I won't step back if MPs ask me to be PM'
- Maoists target teachers, ambulance
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- Day after EC crackdown, Azam Khan booked for Kargil remarks
- The Narendra Modi interview: 'Cong's problem is that it can't see a chaiwallah challenging them'
Ruling out the early retirement of Parkash Singh Badal, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday asserted that till the chief minister feels physically fit, he will remain at the helm.
Sukhbir was replying to media queries on senior Badal's recent gesture of handing over the reins to him.
"SAD has appointed him (Badal) as the chief minister and till he remains fit, he will continue at the post. For about next 10-15 years, there will be no question of replacing Badal," he said. Sukhbir also evaded question about any bigger role of Badal in the NDA.
Asked about the BJP and NDA's choice of Narendra Modi as the next Prime Ministerial candidate, he said: "It was premature to say something even though Modi has played tremendous role in Gujarat's development and scored hattrick as the chief minister."
Asked about the Moga bypoll, Sukhbir said that SAD was united and will win the seat with a massive margin.
- SMEs bear brunt of factory slowdown
- In Barmer, Modi does not mention Jaswant or BJP candidate Sonaram
- Modi favours 2-3 industrialists: Rahul
- Priyanka is Rahul’s back-end manager, bridges gap between his team, old guard
- ASI launches free app on Delhi’s monuments
- Shatrughan Sinha hopes star status, ‘dabang Modi’ will silence critics