Till he is fit, Badal will be CM: Sukhbir
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
Ruling out the early retirement of Parkash Singh Badal, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday asserted that till the chief minister feels physically fit, he will remain at the helm.
Sukhbir was replying to media queries on senior Badal's recent gesture of handing over the reins to him.
"SAD has appointed him (Badal) as the chief minister and till he remains fit, he will continue at the post. For about next 10-15 years, there will be no question of replacing Badal," he said. Sukhbir also evaded question about any bigger role of Badal in the NDA.
Asked about the BJP and NDA's choice of Narendra Modi as the next Prime Ministerial candidate, he said: "It was premature to say something even though Modi has played tremendous role in Gujarat's development and scored hattrick as the chief minister."