TIMELINE: Indian officials are 'morons', will take years to track links, middlemen had said
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
7. Consultant in chopper deal held in Europe
- Police in Switzerland arrests 62-year-old consultant Guido Ralph Haschkea man who was raided by Italian authorities last year for allegedly taking a suspicious 51 million-euro commission in a deal to sell the fleet of high-end helicopters to the Indian government.
8. Get probe details from Italy, Antony tells officials in MoD
- The probe into corruption charges by the Italian authorities takes a serious turn with the Defence Ministry being instructed to get details of the investigation from Rome. Sources said Defence Minister A K Antony instructed officials to write to Italian authorities, requesting for information about the ongoing probe into the 2010 contract for Rs 3,546-crore.
9. Italy probe focuses on UK consultant
- The Italian probe into corruption charges in the helicopter deal focuses on a highly connected British consultant who was allegedly hired by the chopper manufacturer, Agusta Westland, to influence the contract. The consultant, identified as Christian Michel, was being investigated for receiving a portion of the Euro 51 million contract that was given by the manufacturer for Italian businessman Guido Haschke,
10. Lens on chopper firm's India head over commission
- The India head of helicopter manufacturer Finmeccanica comes under the scanner of Italian authorities who tapped his phone conversations with the alleged middleman in the Rs 3,546 crore contract. Italian prosecutors, who were investigating a series of corruption charges against Finmeccanica, tapped the phone of alleged middleman Guido Haschke as part of the probe into the deal.
11. Army officer sought $5 mn bribe: Italy probe
- Italian investigators find what they believe were documents of another tender for Army helicopters that claim an Indian Army brigadier demanded a bribe of $5 million to swing the contract for the firm.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer