Tips to find the right bra size
- Rahul Gandhi 'happy' with Varun Gandhi's 'good work' praise; BJP leader clarifies it's no endorsement for Cong
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Imran Masood released on bail; Mamata to woo voters through letters
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Snooping row: HC rejects Pradeep Sharma's plea to file FIR against Narendra Modi
- Sonia's assets worth over Rs.9 crore, has given a loan of Rs. 9 lakh to Rahul
Most women wear bra that doesn't fit them at all, say experts.
Bra fitting is not just about the cup and band sizes, said Ali Smart, technical designer for Rose and Thorne lingerie.
Smart noted that there are different breast shapes.
While some of us point downwards or at odd angles, some women are soft through their sides, and with the wrong bra their breasts tend to fall outward, she said, according to Stuff.co.nz.
"A bra that pulls that breast tissue from the sides round to the front will be life changing for them," said Anya Merryfield, Rose and Thorne's brand manager.
Ill-fitting bras are not only uncomfortable, they can do serious damage as well.
"They can damage your breast tissue. And if it doesn't support properly, you can get back problems, especially for larger busted girls. They get huge indentations in their shoulders, and the constant pressure can cause migraines," said Ali.
"If you don't support them properly then it can also rip your ligaments inside the breast; they stretch right out and they'll never go back. When they're gone, they're gone," she added.
Smart has provided some tips that can help you find your right fit.
The right bra should fit snugly, but just like with a good fit of collar on a pet dog, you should be able to get two fingers under the band comfortably.
"If the back of the bra is riding up or you're hauling up the shoulder straps throughout the day, then the band size is too big," she said.
Remember you can always adjust the hooks and eyes in the back, but if this still doesn't do the trick then you'll need to go a size down. This is the number - 10, 12, 14 etc.
If your bra cup is moulded, your breasts should fill it completely; you shouldn't have extra room in the cup - that's just wastage. Nor do you want to be spilling out of your cup, if this is the case you'll need to go up a size.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies