Tiwari felicitation today, Cong MLA Aashu missing from welcome list
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Even as a red carpet welcome awaits the newly appointed Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Manish Tiwari, in his home constituency of Ludhiana on Sunday, the absence of names of a few prominent local Congress leaders from the welcome list may overshadow the event. Among them, the most prominent is Ludhiana West Congress MLA Bharat Bhushan Aashu. His picture has been missing from hoardings, displayed in various corners of the city, to welcome the Union Minister. Aashu, however, had earlier also been conspicuous by his absence in previous Congress functions that Tiwari had attended.
In the recent past, Aashu and Congress MLA Surinder Dawar courted controversy after District Congress Committee president Pawan Dewan objected to appointments, made by the duo, in the PPCC. Dewan, who is behind according the welcome to Tiwari, has now settled his differences with Dawar, but it seems that his cold war with Aashu is still on.
Dewan, meanwhile, stated that the Congress workers and leaders will organise a grand felicitation ceremony in Kumra Palace here on Sunday.