TMC councillor shot at
- AAP-BJP clashes: FIR against Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi for rioting
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
A TMC councillor was shot at thrice in a crowded local train on Friday. Vijay Mishra, councillor of Rishra municipality, was travelling with his mother on a local train when he was shot by unknown miscreants. He was rushed to a hospital, where he is said to be critical. Mukul Roy, TMC general secretary, accused the CPM cadres for the attack.
HC seeks report on ban on old vehicles
The Calcutta High Court on Friday asked the government to file a report stating what action has been taken on the ban on public vehicles that are more than 15 years old. The High court had directed the government on July 18, 2008and had set up an committee to look into the matter.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students