TMC councillor shot at
- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
A TMC councillor was shot at thrice in a crowded local train on Friday. Vijay Mishra, councillor of Rishra municipality, was travelling with his mother on a local train when he was shot by unknown miscreants. He was rushed to a hospital, where he is said to be critical. Mukul Roy, TMC general secretary, accused the CPM cadres for the attack.
HC seeks report on ban on old vehicles
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Deendayal Upadhyaya transformed the Jana Sangh into a cadre party.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue