TMC councillor shot at
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
A TMC councillor was shot at thrice in a crowded local train on Friday. Vijay Mishra, councillor of Rishra municipality, was travelling with his mother on a local train when he was shot by unknown miscreants. He was rushed to a hospital, where he is said to be critical. Mukul Roy, TMC general secretary, accused the CPM cadres for the attack.
HC seeks report on ban on old vehicles
The Calcutta High Court on Friday asked the government to file a report stating what action has been taken on the ban on public vehicles that are more than 15 years old. The High court had directed the government on July 18, 2008and had set up an committee to look into the matter.
- Jet Airways likely to terminate services of contract employees
- No link between mobile phone radiation and cancer, says Padma awardee doctor
- Mamata’s celebs revel in new role
- ‘Goa mining ban removal to breathe new life into sector’
- TCS, Mitsubishi arms merge to form tech firm in Japan
- ‘RSS worry for majority community too’