TMC depriving rural Bengal their democratic rights: Bloc
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Left Front partner Forward Bloc on Sunday decried the "authoritarian" Trinamool Congress' confrontation with the state election commission and accused it of robbing rural Bengal of its right to exercise democratic rights. Forward Bloc general secretary Debabrata Biswas said: "The Trinamool government is deliberately delaying panchayat election. This clearly shows its anti-democratic and authoritarian attitude. The Trinamool regime is going into an unprecedented and undesired confrontation with the state election commission."
No end to Mukul's diatribe
Trinamool general secretary Mukul Roy continued his attacked on the poll panel on Sunday calling it "totally biased" for insisting on central forces to conduct panchayat elections.