TMC depriving rural Bengal their democratic rights: Bloc
- Mandate reflects wisdom of Bihar, it's the defeat of intolerance: Nitish Kumar
- Man who helped build brand Modi, propped Nitish Kumar's campaign in Bihar
- Global media finds BJP's debacle in Bihar a setback for Modi
- Nitish to be Bihar CM, Lalu to launch nation-wide stir against Modi
- PM Narendra Modi congratulates Nitish Kumar, who says 'thank you'
Left Front partner Forward Bloc on Sunday decried the "authoritarian" Trinamool Congress' confrontation with the state election commission and accused it of robbing rural Bengal of its right to exercise democratic rights. Forward Bloc general secretary Debabrata Biswas said: "The Trinamool government is deliberately delaying panchayat election. This clearly shows its anti-democratic and authoritarian attitude. The Trinamool regime is going into an unprecedented and undesired confrontation with the state election commission."
No end to Mukul's diatribe
- Bihar has been transformed from the graveyard of revolutions to a source of new hope
- Why is Singapore pushing liberal arts?
- Bihar polls may serve Modi a reminder of why he was voted to power
- Modi, Shah hype, lack of CM candidate, may have scuppered BJP's chances
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity