TMC destroying democracy in academic institutions:CPM
- Live, Ind vs WI: India rattle Windies at the WACA
- Arvind sometimes wrong... need people who can stand up to him: Bhushan
- Mufti orders release of political prisoners with no criminal charges
- PM’s land Bill pitch: UPA blocked your roads, homes and schools
- Nagaland: Mob raids Dimapur jail, lynches rape accused
Accusing the Mamata Banerjee-led government of failing to maintain a conducive atmosphere in academic institutions, the CPM on Friday said all elected bodies had been dismissed arbitrarily and the posts have been allotted to supporters of Trinamool Congress. CPM state secretary Biman Bose told a rally that instead of establishing democracy in educational institutions, as promised before coming to power, TMC dismissed all democratically elected bodies.