TMC for death penalty in certain rape cases
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
The Trinamool Congress in its suggestions to the Justice JS Verma committee formed by the UPA government for amending laws dealing with sexual assault cases will demand death sentence in certain cases of rape.
A senior Trinamool leader pleading anonymity said , "Our party chief Mamata Banerjee has told us to make the anti-rape laws stringent. And in our suggestion, we have stated that we support capital punishment in certain cases of rape."
The list of the suggestions by the Trinamool will be most likely send to the panel on Friday.
The party will also demand amendment in Section 354 of the IPC that deals with "outraging the modesty of women". "Since the Justice Verma Committee has been asked to look into several other aspects of crimes against women, we want the domestic violence to be included in the report," the Trinamool leader said.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde