TMC for death penalty in certain rape cases
- LIVE Brussels: One dead, several injured after two explosions at Belgium's Zaventem airport
- Meeting with PM Modi 'very positive', says PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti
- University of Hyderabad students attack VC Appa Rao's house, smash furniture
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar meets Rahul Gandhi
- Rift with RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan? Here's what Jaitley has to say
The Trinamool Congress in its suggestions to the Justice JS Verma committee formed by the UPA government for amending laws dealing with sexual assault cases will demand death sentence in certain cases of rape.
A senior Trinamool leader pleading anonymity said , "Our party chief Mamata Banerjee has told us to make the anti-rape laws stringent. And in our suggestion, we have stated that we support capital punishment in certain cases of rape."
The list of the suggestions by the Trinamool will be most likely send to the panel on Friday.
- Veterans of the Assam Movement now fight polls. But the bitterness and the issues linger on
- When Bhagat Singh’s clarion call ‘Inquilab Zindabad’, it was voluntarily accepted
- Delhi needs an authority suitably empowered and responsible for safe drinking water
- Clutching at Kanhaiya
- In Bangladesh’s diminishing democratic space, a prominent editor is at the receiving end
- Supreme Court has the opportunity to enforce the true Islamic law on divorce