TMC leader blames Railways, local administration for Allahabad stampede
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Former Union minister and Trinamool Congress leader Saugata Roy today blamed the Railways and the local administration for the death of 36 Kumbh pilgrims in stampede at Allahabad station.
Roy alleged that the Railways ran only 75 trains as against 150 trains it had earlier announced to ply on the occasion of "Mouni Amabasya", causing heavy rush of pilgrims at the station.
Moreover, the TMC alleged that the police lathicharged the pilgrims at the station, which "aggravated the situation" and resulted in the deaths and injuries.
"Both the Railways and the local administration were to blame for the inept handling of the situation leading to the tragedy," Roy told a TV channel.