TMC leader quits party
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Kanchan Mukherjee, a senior leader from Burdwan, quit the Trinamool Congress on Saturday.
Angry over factional feuds in the Burdwan unit, party chief Mamata Banerjee had summoned top leaders to her residence. When Mukul Roy was speaking on loopholes in the Burdwan unit, Mukherjee, assistant secretary of the district unit, stood up and accused some colleagues of corruption. He then announced his resignation in front of Mamata, said a Trinamool leader.