TMC passes the buck to Kakoli, but CPM slams its MLA for ‘unacceptable’ remark
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Trinamool Congress leaders remained tight-lipped over party MP Kakoli Ghos Dastidar's remark on Park Street rape case. Senior party leader and Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee when asked to comment said: "You ask her." The CPM leadership on the other hand has been vocal against its party MLA Anisur Rehman for his derogatory remarks against Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"In politics, there is legitimate criticism against an opponent if you are using political language, but this type of language against a woman leader is totally unacceptable," said senior CPM leader Brinda Karat. She said CPM has strongly opposed such a statement and has made a public censure of Rahman and there is no room for such statements in the future.