TMC passes the buck to Kakoli, but CPM slams its MLA for ‘unacceptable’ remark
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Trinamool Congress leaders remained tight-lipped over party MP Kakoli Ghos Dastidar's remark on Park Street rape case. Senior party leader and Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee when asked to comment said: "You ask her." The CPM leadership on the other hand has been vocal against its party MLA Anisur Rehman for his derogatory remarks against Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"In politics, there is legitimate criticism against an opponent if you are using political language, but this type of language against a woman leader is totally unacceptable," said senior CPM leader Brinda Karat. She said CPM has strongly opposed such a statement and has made a public censure of Rahman and there is no room for such statements in the future.
- Terror accused wrongly jailed for 14 yrs, NHRC notices to Home Ministry, police
- SP hints no candidates against Sonia, Rahul
- In Hills, BJP gains GJM edge
- Delhi Police forms patrol teams to check pick-pocketing in Metro
- Two months to go and EC receives myriad complaints
- Maharashtra hailstorm hits crop worth Rs 5,000 cr
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress