TMC passes the buck to Kakoli, but CPM slams its MLA for ‘unacceptable’ remark
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Trinamool Congress leaders remained tight-lipped over party MP Kakoli Ghos Dastidar's remark on Park Street rape case. Senior party leader and Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee when asked to comment said: "You ask her." The CPM leadership on the other hand has been vocal against its party MLA Anisur Rehman for his derogatory remarks against Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"In politics, there is legitimate criticism against an opponent if you are using political language, but this type of language against a woman leader is totally unacceptable," said senior CPM leader Brinda Karat. She said CPM has strongly opposed such a statement and has made a public censure of Rahman and there is no room for such statements in the future.