TMC patronising violence: CPM
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
CPM general secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday criticised the Trinamool Congress government, saying it lent "open patronage" to the violence going on in the state.
"The TMC government has failed on all fronts. People of Bengal have now realised what harm is done by voting such a party and government to power," said Karat after the CPM's central committee meeting got over in the city.
Referring to the alleged attacks on CPM and Left Front cadres, Karat said that the Trinamool Congress government "is expecting to utilise all methods of violence and intimidation in the upcoming panchayat elections".