TMC patronising violence: CPM
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
CPM general secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday criticised the Trinamool Congress government, saying it lent "open patronage" to the violence going on in the state.
"The TMC government has failed on all fronts. People of Bengal have now realised what harm is done by voting such a party and government to power," said Karat after the CPM's central committee meeting got over in the city.
Referring to the alleged attacks on CPM and Left Front cadres, Karat said that the Trinamool Congress government "is expecting to utilise all methods of violence and intimidation in the upcoming panchayat elections".