TMC patronising violence: CPM
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
CPM general secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday criticised the Trinamool Congress government, saying it lent "open patronage" to the violence going on in the state.
"The TMC government has failed on all fronts. People of Bengal have now realised what harm is done by voting such a party and government to power," said Karat after the CPM's central committee meeting got over in the city.
Referring to the alleged attacks on CPM and Left Front cadres, Karat said that the Trinamool Congress government "is expecting to utilise all methods of violence and intimidation in the upcoming panchayat elections".
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs