TMC sacks Sikha Mitra for breaching ‘discipline’
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
When asked about the proceedings of the Assembly, Mitra said: "The words being used inside the House do not sound good to ears."
She however did not comment when asked on the role played by the Speaker on Tuesday. Without referring to Minister of State (agriculture) Becharam Mann's comment on judiciary that raised a controversy recently, Mitra said: "Now bad comments are being thrown even at the judiciary." When told that adverse comments against the judiciary were passed by a minister belonging to her own party, Mitra said: "I am not the party supremo so I cannot comment on what party thinks about it."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18