TMC showed no courtesy: Congress
The Congress today accused the ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal of not showing any courtesy to the three MPs from the state inducted into the Union Council of Ministers in yesterday's ministerial reshuffle.
"We expected minimum courtesy from them. But they showed no courtesy at all," Bhuniya told reporters here today.
Congress MPs Adhir Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunshi and A H Khan Chowdhury were sworn in as Union ministers yesterday.
Bhuniya said the reaction expressed by seasoned and experienced leaders of Trinamool yesterday was "shocking."
"Trinamool had deserted the Congress. We have not asked them to leave. They left on their own," he said.
The people had voted for the TMC-Congress alliance seeking change and for ushering in development in the state, he said, "But it is surprising that they deprived the people of the long-cherished desire of development of Bengal which they destroyed."
TMC leader Saugata Roy had yesterday said the "induction of the three (Congress MPs) who were critics of Mamata Banerjee was only to needle the party."
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover