TMC to contest all LS, Assembly seats in Haryana
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra
Senior Trinamool Congress leader and Rajya Sabha MP K D Singh, accompanied by former Army chief General (retd) V K Singh on Sunday asked Punjabi youths in Haryana to come forward and join Trinamool.
K D Singh and V K Singh were addressing a state level convention organised by members of the Punjabi community in Rohtak.
On the occasion, K D Singh announced that Trinamool will contest both the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in Haryana next year. The party will contest all the seats. "At least four Lok Sabha seats out of 10 and 30 seats out of the 90 Assembly seats will be allocated to leaders from the Punjabi community," he added.
"The Punjabi community in Haryana has been the worst sufferer since Independence because of lack of strong political leadership. Even today, the community is being deliberately neglected in Haryana despite the fact that Punjabis are known for their hard work and entrepreneurship.
Social and economic growth will take place in the community only if they get political powers in their hands," K D Singh said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi