TMC to contest all LS, Assembly seats in Haryana
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- With Anna men in âwar roomâ, AAP-like ideas on table, Mamata dreams national
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
- Konan Poshpora: Probe official speaks up, says was threatened
- BJP would stop at nothing to grab power and divide state on communal lines, says Rahul
Senior Trinamool Congress leader and Rajya Sabha MP K D Singh, accompanied by former Army chief General (retd) V K Singh on Sunday asked Punjabi youths in Haryana to come forward and join Trinamool.
K D Singh and V K Singh were addressing a state level convention organised by members of the Punjabi community in Rohtak.
On the occasion, K D Singh announced that Trinamool will contest both the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in Haryana next year. The party will contest all the seats. "At least four Lok Sabha seats out of 10 and 30 seats out of the 90 Assembly seats will be allocated to leaders from the Punjabi community," he added.
"The Punjabi community in Haryana has been the worst sufferer since Independence because of lack of strong political leadership. Even today, the community is being deliberately neglected in Haryana despite the fact that Punjabis are known for their hard work and entrepreneurship.
Social and economic growth will take place in the community only if they get political powers in their hands," K D Singh said.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients