TN, Services surge ahead in B'Ball nationals
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Tamil Nadu registered victories in quarter-final matches for men as well as women in the 63rd Senior National Basketball Championship at the Guru Nanak Dev Indoor Stadium here on Wednesday. In the men's quarter-final fixture, Tamil Nadu outclassed Kerala by 84-69 (21-18, 23-5, 25-14, 15-12) and Tamil Nadu women got the better of Kerala by 68-55 (10-15, 16-10, 19-16, 23-14). Services surprised and derailed Indian Railways by 91-86 in a hotly contested men's quarter-final match. The four quarters scores were 25-19, 22-19, 19-20, 25-28. Uttrakhand beat Chattisgarh by 77-52 in the third men's quarter-final match.Delhi women toiled hard to beat a spirited Maharashtra with a narrow three points margin in another quarter-final encounter. The Delhi girls posted a hard-fought win by 59-56 (14-13, 10-11, 13-15, 22-17). The TN-Kerala men's match was was a close affair in the first quarter. At the end of five minutes of play, TN led by just one point 14-13. TN won this quarter by 21-18.