To avenge dismissal, domestic help killed 3: Cops
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
Jagraon police on Wednesday arrested Akash Kumar in the alleged triple murder that happened in the intervening night of May 7 and 8 in Abuwal village. Shingara Singh, his wife Manjit Kaur (both NRIs) and Manjit's sister Surjit Kaur were allegedly murdered with a sharp-edged weapon, while they were sleeping.
Kumar was working as a domestic help in the house of Shingara, who had come on a vacation at his native village. Police said that during interrogation Kumar stated that Shingara had dismissed him from the job by calling him a thief and had even slapped him. SSP Ashish Chaudhary said, "Akash had confessed to the crime and said that he had developed personal enmity against the family, when they fired him. He admitted that he killed the trio with a sickle".
Blind murder in Dugri
Police claimed to have solved a blind murder case in CRPF flats, Dugri, within a few hours of the crime. Ankush Kumar was reportedly found on Wednesday morning with a sharp-edged weapon. A team constituted by ACP Bhupinder Singh Sidhu arrested Noor Alam, who allegedly killed Kumar to settle personal scores.