To have smooth Yatra, Shri Amarnath Shrine Board decides to start registration
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
TO have a smooth pilgrimage to South Kashmir Himalayas this year, Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) has decided to start registration pilgrims for the annual Amarnath yatra simultaneously for both the Chandanwari and Baltal routes at least three months in advance beginning March 18.
The decision, according to an official spokesman, came during an extensive review meeting of the SASB convened by its Chairman and State Governor, N N Vohra, here today. The SASB Chief Executive Officer Navin K Choudhary was among various senior officers present on the occasion.
The registration of pilgrims for the 2013 Amarnath pilgrimage will take place at 422 designated branches of the Jammu Kashmir Bank, YES Bank, State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and HDFC Bank across the country, Choudhary said. Pointing out that full details of these registration centres are available on SASB website www.shriamarnathjishrine.com , he said that the pilgrimage this year would commence simultaneously on both the Baltal and Chandawari routes on June 28 and culminate on Raksha Bandhan day – August 21.
About the mandatory health certificate to be submitted by each pilgrim at the time of registration, he said that its format has been circulated by the Union Health Ministry and the State Health Department to all the states and union territories, besides making it available on SASB website. However, to check against issuance of fraudulent health certificates, he said that only those issued by doctors or medical institutes authorized by respective state governments and UT administration will be entertained by the Board.
In this connection, all the state governments and union territories have been asked to furnish SASB a list of doctors and medical institutes authorized to issue health certificates to the intending pilgrims. These lists have been received from Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Jharkhan, Tripura, Jammu Kashmir and Chandigarh, he said, adding that these are now available on the SASB website. However, only those health certificates will be valid which are issued after March 1, 2013, he added.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express