To keep govt on toes, BJP will form shadow Cabinet
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat model code of conduct
- Tarun Tejpal among three booked for possession of phones inside Goa jail
- Donât run from big retail chains, face them, Modi tells traders
- Lokpal selection process wonât yield best candidate, says Fali, declines role
The leader of the BJP legislative party on Friday announced that the party would emulate the concept of a shadow Cabinet that is followed in several countries.
Under the system of a shadow Cabinet, a selected group of leaders from the Opposition form an alternative Cabinet, led by the Leader of Opposition.
The shadow leaders are entrusted with the responsibility of keeping a check on government policies from the outside.
With Harsh Vardhan as Leader of Opposition, each BJP MLA will be allotted a department and will act as a shadow minister.
"In some cases, more than one MLA would shadow a particularly important department. The BJP, which has always been at the forefront of progressive change, will improve governance in Delhi through positive opposition," Harsh Vardhan said.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past