To keep govt on toes, BJP will form shadow Cabinet
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: Miller blitzkrieg enables KXIP to pull off second succesful run-chase
The leader of the BJP legislative party on Friday announced that the party would emulate the concept of a shadow Cabinet that is followed in several countries.
Under the system of a shadow Cabinet, a selected group of leaders from the Opposition form an alternative Cabinet, led by the Leader of Opposition.
The shadow leaders are entrusted with the responsibility of keeping a check on government policies from the outside.
With Harsh Vardhan as Leader of Opposition, each BJP MLA will be allotted a department and will act as a shadow minister.
"In some cases, more than one MLA would shadow a particularly important department. The BJP, which has always been at the forefront of progressive change, will improve governance in Delhi through positive opposition," Harsh Vardhan said.