To make others happy, we have to sacrifice comforts: Gohalwaria
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Unfurls the national flag during the Republic Day celebrations of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Zone D office, Sarabha Nagar
Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria unfurled the national flag during the Republic Day celebrations of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Zone D office, Sarabha Nagar, on Saturday.
In his address, he said that Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal along with Local Bodies Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat were committed to providing a good life with all amenities to the people of city. "The Right to Services Act is one of the examples of this commitment," he added.
Quoting gurubani and asking MC employees to work hard, he said, "Gurubani says to provide happiness to others, we have to sacrifice our comforts and needs. MC employees should practise this to ensure all amenities to Ludhiana people."
Stating that one-side traffic on Lakkar bridge would be functional by March 2013 and both sides by June 2013, he assured that work on the bridge would not be stranded midway. The much-hyped 933.162-metre-long Lakkar Bridge project has been hanging fire since 1997.