To make others happy, we have to sacrifice comforts: Gohalwaria
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Unfurls the national flag during the Republic Day celebrations of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Zone D office, Sarabha Nagar
Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria unfurled the national flag during the Republic Day celebrations of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Zone D office, Sarabha Nagar, on Saturday.
In his address, he said that Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal along with Local Bodies Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat were committed to providing a good life with all amenities to the people of city. "The Right to Services Act is one of the examples of this commitment," he added.
Quoting gurubani and asking MC employees to work hard, he said, "Gurubani says to provide happiness to others, we have to sacrifice our comforts and needs. MC employees should practise this to ensure all amenities to Ludhiana people."
Stating that one-side traffic on Lakkar bridge would be functional by March 2013 and both sides by June 2013, he assured that work on the bridge would not be stranded midway. The much-hyped 933.162-metre-long Lakkar Bridge project has been hanging fire since 1997.
Setting a deadline for Rs 9,480-crore Ludhiana Metro project, he said the metro would have 27 stations and it was estimated to be completed by 2018.