To make others happy, we have to sacrifice comforts: Gohalwaria
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Unfurls the national flag during the Republic Day celebrations of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Zone D office, Sarabha Nagar
Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria unfurled the national flag during the Republic Day celebrations of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Zone D office, Sarabha Nagar, on Saturday.
In his address, he said that Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal along with Local Bodies Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat were committed to providing a good life with all amenities to the people of city. "The Right to Services Act is one of the examples of this commitment," he added.
Quoting gurubani and asking MC employees to work hard, he said, "Gurubani says to provide happiness to others, we have to sacrifice our comforts and needs. MC employees should practise this to ensure all amenities to Ludhiana people."
Stating that one-side traffic on Lakkar bridge would be functional by March 2013 and both sides by June 2013, he assured that work on the bridge would not be stranded midway. The much-hyped 933.162-metre-long Lakkar Bridge project has been hanging fire since 1997.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully