To make others happy, we have to sacrifice comforts: Gohalwaria
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Unfurls the national flag during the Republic Day celebrations of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Zone D office, Sarabha Nagar
Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria unfurled the national flag during the Republic Day celebrations of Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Zone D office, Sarabha Nagar, on Saturday.
In his address, he said that Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal along with Local Bodies Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat were committed to providing a good life with all amenities to the people of city. "The Right to Services Act is one of the examples of this commitment," he added.
Quoting gurubani and asking MC employees to work hard, he said, "Gurubani says to provide happiness to others, we have to sacrifice our comforts and needs. MC employees should practise this to ensure all amenities to Ludhiana people."
Stating that one-side traffic on Lakkar bridge would be functional by March 2013 and both sides by June 2013, he assured that work on the bridge would not be stranded midway. The much-hyped 933.162-metre-long Lakkar Bridge project has been hanging fire since 1997.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed