To stay in shape, junk fast food, exercise
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Weight gain is a result of chemical imbalance in the body and getting the balance right holds the key to a perfect shape.
Research has found automation in job, decreased exercise due to easy transportation has dramatically reduced calorie-burning. This, coupled with consumption of high-calorie food in excess is making us obsese.
To shape up, changing lifestyle is the way. Reduce calorie intake, choose home-cooked food over processed food, cut down on hours spent watching TV or working on PC, maintain a balanced diet of nutrients , learn to manage stress, relax and meditate and last but not the least, exercising an hour daily to get your dream shape. Easy, isn't it? Start now.
n Tanushree Amrute, std IX–C
In the absence of a healthy mind, a healthy body is useless. A person with a fit body can work long hours and complete multiple tasks in quick time.
'Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise'.
Indeed, proper rest is essential for physical fitness. A balanced diet and exercise are also equally important. We should avoid junk food because it has excess calories and anything in excess is bad. A glutton can never be healthy.
Happiness comes from the heart and mind. If we are happy we will definitely be in shape. A healthy mind and healthy body keep us happy.
n Anjali Ved, 8–A
Lady Ratanbai and Sir Mathuradas Vissanji Academy
Health is important than wealth. A brisk walk and other exercises are a way to fitness. One should maintain a balanced diet, avoid junk food and sleep well. Many people say one must eat to live rather than live to eat.
These days, fast food joints have cropped up everywhere and the food they serve has excess calories. Excess calories are not good for the heart and health in general. One should realise it is quality, not quantity, that matters.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer