To teach kids skating, Ludhiana moms join in
- LIVE: Modi holds rally on Nitish Kumar's turf; shares stage with Ram Vilas Paswan
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
- Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over Farooq Abdullah's comment on Kashmiris
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
As coach J S Dhaliwal, who has been coaching kids in the sport for many years, points out, this is a new trend. "I was reluctant to allow the mothers, but a few were insistent. So I allowed them to learn skating along with their kids. As of now, three mothers are learning and they are doing good," Dhaliwal said.
Among them is Kavitha, the mother of two daughters, who has been learning the sport over past week.
"I enrolled my six and a half year old daughter Anushka for the skating class in evening and I used to stay back at the waiting area for an hour. So I requested the coach to allow me to learn as well and I can slide a bit now," she says.
Another is Simmi, whose 4-year-old daughter has enrolled for classes. She says she was encouraged after looking at Kavita. "I have not yet told anyone at home, so I will give them a surprise. I have been learning skating for the past 5 days and I am really enjoying it," Simmi says. The third mother to have enrolled is Gagan, whose 4-year-old is learning the sport. "I need to buck up my daughter in the skating rink, so I decided to join. This way she can feel more confident. She is no doing better than me, but gradually I too will run along with her," she laughs.
"Learning has no age, and it is good that women are keeping themselves fit along with their kids," Dhaliwal says.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)