To woo youth, Modi to address BJP Mumbai rally on March 17
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will address a party rally in Mumbai on March 17, the first time after he was voted to power for the third successive time in the Gujarat Assembly elections held last year.
The rally, where party chief Rajnath Singh will also be present, will be held at Somaiya ground at Sion in central Mumbai, party sources said.
According to sources, the BJP is keen to use Modi's charisma to woo the youth and middle class in Mumbai which has a sizable Gujarati population, and also win over other sections of the society.