Togadiaís security cover as big as Modiís
The Gujarat government Thursday told the Supreme Court it provides police protection to 238 VIPs and 163 victims and witnesses of 2002 riots in the state at an annual cost of Rs 30 crore.
In an affidavit filed before the apex court, the state government provided the list of all the VIPs who are given police protection. The maximum Z+ security in the state is given only to Chief Minister Narendra Modi and international working president of VHP Pravin Togadia.
"It is stated that a total 67 persons have been provided personal security under the category X, Y, Z, Z+ and 172 people have been provided personal security under another category. In addition, 163 victims and witnesses of 2002 riots in the state have also been provided personal security," the affidavit said.
The affidavit was filed in response to the apex court's order directing the Centre and all states to furnish names of the people given security and the expenditure borne by states on it.
- Man held for fleeing with women’s jewellery after proposing marriage
- Now, accused Shridharan seeks permanent accommodation
- Quash FIR for murder bid, Rane urges HC
- Ahmedabad East seat: Congress local man confident of overtaking BJP’s ‘imported actor’
- Trangenders in city hail SC verdict, say they’re humans at last
- Ramdev to campaign for Modi in Vadodara, Cong complains