Together in action, but HIL auction separates 2 city academy players
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
The duo trained under hockey coach Jasbir Singh Bajwa at the Chandigarh Hockey and Football Academy early in their career and Bajwa's sudden death last year meant a personal loss to the duo. The youngsters give Bajwa the credit for their success. "I joined the academy in 2002 and Bajwa sir trained us at the academy. He was a mentor to all of us, including Dharamveer Singh. Whenever we wanted to train, he would support us and spend hours with us. Whatever we are today, it is because of him. We wish he was here today with us to see this huge day in our careers. We are leaving for Asian Champions Trophy in Doha on Monday and we want to win the title there," said Rupinder Pal, 21.