Tom Cruise assigned by Scientology to fight aliens?
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Tom Cruise reportedly signed a billion-year contract of service with the Church of Scientology to protect humanity from aliens, according to a new book. Written by Lawrence Wright, 'Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood & The Prison of Belief' details Cruise's demigod status within the church, as well as the group's ultimate purpose protect humanity from aliens living in our bodies, who are bent on destroying us and ultimately the planet, reported New York Post.
Cruise was introduced to the religion when he was 23 years old by his then-girlfriend, actress Mimi Rogers. Seven years his senior, Rogers was an avowed member of Scientology; they married in 1987. It took several years for church leaders to realize that for all of their celebrity acolytes ¿ including John Travolta, Priscilla Presley, Kirstie Alley, Kelly Preston and Sonny Bono they had a true superstar at their disposal. Cruise, 50, would later come to believe that in the hierarchy of Scientology, he was No 3, behind only the founder, the late L Ron Hubbard (known as LRH) and No 2 David Miscavige, who goes by COB, for Chairman of the Board of the Religious Technology Center.