Tom Cruise assigned by Scientology to fight aliens?
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Tom Cruise reportedly signed a billion-year contract of service with the Church of Scientology to protect humanity from aliens, according to a new book. Written by Lawrence Wright, 'Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood & The Prison of Belief' details Cruise's demigod status within the church, as well as the group's ultimate purpose protect humanity from aliens living in our bodies, who are bent on destroying us and ultimately the planet, reported New York Post.
Cruise was introduced to the religion when he was 23 years old by his then-girlfriend, actress Mimi Rogers. Seven years his senior, Rogers was an avowed member of Scientology; they married in 1987. It took several years for church leaders to realize that for all of their celebrity acolytes ¿ including John Travolta, Priscilla Presley, Kirstie Alley, Kelly Preston and Sonny Bono they had a true superstar at their disposal. Cruise, 50, would later come to believe that in the hierarchy of Scientology, he was No 3, behind only the founder, the late L Ron Hubbard (known as LRH) and No 2 David Miscavige, who goes by COB, for Chairman of the Board of the Religious Technology Center.