Tom Cruise makes visit to Maracana Stadium
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
Tom Cruise took time off from promoting his latest movie in Brazil by visiting Maracana Stadium and meeting former Brazilian football star Zico.
Cruise posed for photos at the stadium's newly installed pitch holding a Brazil jersey with his name on the back.
The actor told Globo TV it "would be an honour" to make it to the 2014 World Cup final at the famed venue. He received an autographed ball from Zico, and said he would message friend David Beckham about his meeting with the former Brazilian playmaker, saying the British star would be "jealous."
The Maracana, which also hosted the 1950 World Cup final, is being renovated ahead of next June's Confederations Cup, the warm-up tournament a year before football's showcase event.