Tom Cruise makes visit to Maracana Stadium
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
Tom Cruise took time off from promoting his latest movie in Brazil by visiting Maracana Stadium and meeting former Brazilian football star Zico.
Cruise posed for photos at the stadium's newly installed pitch holding a Brazil jersey with his name on the back.
The actor told Globo TV it "would be an honour" to make it to the 2014 World Cup final at the famed venue. He received an autographed ball from Zico, and said he would message friend David Beckham about his meeting with the former Brazilian playmaker, saying the British star would be "jealous."
The Maracana, which also hosted the 1950 World Cup final, is being renovated ahead of next June's Confederations Cup, the warm-up tournament a year before football's showcase event.
- One card for Metro, DTC and cluster buses gets Lt-Governor’s green light
- Tech graduate shoots at man ‘talking loudly’
- Gun attack kills 3 in eastern Ukraine, breaks Easter truce
- ED acting at behest of PC: Bengal govt
- Delhi policemen beaten up in Pataudi village
- J&K cops leave poll staff ‘stuck in snow, fly away with EVMs’