Tom Cruise makes visit to Maracana Stadium
- Mahad bridge collapse: Naval locates wreckage of two buses under water
- Stop sympathising, act against Dalit attackers: Mayawati tells PM Modi
- Raghuram Rajan: Ready to stay a bit longer to complete bank 'clean ups'
- Singapore tribunal reveals how Ranbaxy ‘buried info on fraud, duped its owners’
- Minister of State floats a new bogey: Intellectual terrorism
Tom Cruise took time off from promoting his latest movie in Brazil by visiting Maracana Stadium and meeting former Brazilian football star Zico.
Cruise posed for photos at the stadium's newly installed pitch holding a Brazil jersey with his name on the back.
The actor told Globo TV it "would be an honour" to make it to the 2014 World Cup final at the famed venue. He received an autographed ball from Zico, and said he would message friend David Beckham about his meeting with the former Brazilian playmaker, saying the British star would be "jealous."
- All parties meet about Kashmir. But are they prepared to hear the Kashmiris?
- Wang Yi’s Delhi visit is an occasion to start a conversation with Beijing
- India needs to build legal expertise to press its case in international maritime disputes
- Blockchain and distributed ledger technology can make the state more accountable
- She has not let anyone down. The people of India have let down Irom Sharmila
- Triple talaq: Indian Muslims must find a solution in accordance with the teachings and spirit of Islam