Tom Cruise makes visit to Maracana Stadium
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
- Ordinances on Seemandhra, Rahul Bills are likely today
Tom Cruise took time off from promoting his latest movie in Brazil by visiting Maracana Stadium and meeting former Brazilian football star Zico.
Cruise posed for photos at the stadium's newly installed pitch holding a Brazil jersey with his name on the back.
The actor told Globo TV it "would be an honour" to make it to the 2014 World Cup final at the famed venue. He received an autographed ball from Zico, and said he would message friend David Beckham about his meeting with the former Brazilian playmaker, saying the British star would be "jealous."
The Maracana, which also hosted the 1950 World Cup final, is being renovated ahead of next June's Confederations Cup, the warm-up tournament a year before football's showcase event.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today