Tom Cruise shuts down Trafalgar Square for film shoot
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Hollywood star Tom Cruise turned Trafalgar Square into a battlefield and shut down the popular tourist destination temporarily to shoot 'All You Need Is Kill'.
The 50-year-old actor plays an army lieutenant fighting an alien invasion in the science fiction action film, based on a Japanese novel of the same name, reported Digital Spy online.
A scene involving a Royal Air Force helicopter landing in the middle of Trafalgar Square forced the usually bustling public space to be shut down for shooting.
The "Mission: Impossible" actor was spotted stepping on the set clad in a sleek green military uniform complete with aviator sunglasses.
A number of extras dressed in khaki ponchos over camouflage uniforms were also spotted flocking on the set.
Several tanks were also situated throughout the set.
"All You Need Is Kill" is scheduled for release in cinemas in March 2014.