Tom Cruise shuts down Trafalgar Square for film shoot
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
Hollywood star Tom Cruise turned Trafalgar Square into a battlefield and shut down the popular tourist destination temporarily to shoot 'All You Need Is Kill'.
The 50-year-old actor plays an army lieutenant fighting an alien invasion in the science fiction action film, based on a Japanese novel of the same name, reported Digital Spy online.
A scene involving a Royal Air Force helicopter landing in the middle of Trafalgar Square forced the usually bustling public space to be shut down for shooting.
The "Mission: Impossible" actor was spotted stepping on the set clad in a sleek green military uniform complete with aviator sunglasses.
A number of extras dressed in khaki ponchos over camouflage uniforms were also spotted flocking on the set.
Several tanks were also situated throughout the set.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump