Tom Cruise shuts down Trafalgar Square for film shoot
- Two IPL ex-champs, CSK and RR, kicked out in biggest clean-up
- Why the historic Iran nuclear deal could be good for India
- Death toll in Andhra stampede touches 25; PM Modi pays condolences
- Geelani rejects Pak High Commission's invite for Eid Milan
- In search for missing Dornier, Coast Guard discovers human remains, aircraft parts
Hollywood star Tom Cruise turned Trafalgar Square into a battlefield and shut down the popular tourist destination temporarily to shoot 'All You Need Is Kill'.
The 50-year-old actor plays an army lieutenant fighting an alien invasion in the science fiction action film, based on a Japanese novel of the same name, reported Digital Spy online.
A scene involving a Royal Air Force helicopter landing in the middle of Trafalgar Square forced the usually bustling public space to be shut down for shooting.
The "Mission: Impossible" actor was spotted stepping on the set clad in a sleek green military uniform complete with aviator sunglasses.
A number of extras dressed in khaki ponchos over camouflage uniforms were also spotted flocking on the set.
Several tanks were also situated throughout the set.
"All You Need Is Kill" is scheduled for release in cinemas in March 2014.