Tom Hanks praises Aamir Khan's work for society
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Hollywood superstar Tom Hanks has praised actor Aamir Khan for his work towards the Indian society.
Aamir has been actively involved with fighting social taboos through his recently concluded show 'Satyamev Jayate'.
"I really admire the work that Aamir Khan is doing in India. Very few celebrities take the initiative of coming forward to change the society and he has done a remarkable job. It's the 'giving-back' that's tough.
"Aamir seems to understand the influencing power of being a celebrity and is using it to act as a catalyst for change in society, something that definitely deserves both appreciation and support from all quarters," Hanks said in a statement here.
The "Castaway" star got to know about Aamir's work from TIME magazine article that had highlighted Aamir's active role in bringing about social change in India.
Hanks will soon be seen in new film "Cloud Atlas" opposite Halle Berry and Hugh Grant. It will release in India on October 26.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy