Tom Hanks praises Aamir Khan's work for society
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Hollywood superstar Tom Hanks has praised actor Aamir Khan for his work towards the Indian society.
Aamir has been actively involved with fighting social taboos through his recently concluded show 'Satyamev Jayate'.
"I really admire the work that Aamir Khan is doing in India. Very few celebrities take the initiative of coming forward to change the society and he has done a remarkable job. It's the 'giving-back' that's tough.
"Aamir seems to understand the influencing power of being a celebrity and is using it to act as a catalyst for change in society, something that definitely deserves both appreciation and support from all quarters," Hanks said in a statement here.
The "Castaway" star got to know about Aamir's work from TIME magazine article that had highlighted Aamir's active role in bringing about social change in India.
Hanks will soon be seen in new film "Cloud Atlas" opposite Halle Berry and Hugh Grant. It will release in India on October 26.