8th Renault Star Guild Awards: Salman Khan to make debut as show's anchor
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
This is the season when awards rain and reign! One such award is the 8th Renault Star Guild Awards 2013, which is now just a week away. Besides the usual surprises, the biggest surprise that will be unveiled during this event will that be of Salman Khan taking centre stage to host the ceremony. This will mark Salman's 'debut' in hosting an awards ceremony!
Salman is expected to bring to the stage, a distinctive sense of humour and his signature style. The awards are a joint initiative by the Film & Television Producers Guild and Wizcraft International Entertainment.
The awards will be held on February 16.
Earlier, Salman Khan has anchored the shows like 'Dus Ka Dum' and 'Big Boss' on Sony and Colors TV respectively. In these two shows, Salman Khan has been appreciated for his natural ability of entertaining and keeping the audiences interest alive.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity