Top 10 cos' market valuation at Rs 10L cr
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
The combined market valuation of the country's top 10 companies nearly halved to Rs 10 lakh crore last week, dragged down by ONGC and Reliance Industries that accounted for the most of the decline.
For the week ended November 9, total market capitalisation of the 10 most valued companies plunged to Rs 9.90 lakh crore from Rs 18.88 lakh crore in the preceding week.
During the week, ONGC's valuation plummeted by Rs 7,357 crore to Rs 2,19,961 crore, while that of RIL tumbled by Rs 6,360 crore to Rs 2,55,021 crore.
ONGC last week reported its a 32 per cent drop in its September quarter net profit, weighed down by rising costs and subsidy burden.
Coal India was another major loser whose valuation declined by Rs 2,652 crore to Rs 2,18,704 crore.
The m-cap of Infosys fell by Rs 2,294 crore to Rs ,34,897 crore, while that of TCS nosedived by Rs 1,108 crore to Rs 2,59,427 crore.
State-owned NTPC saw a value erosion of Rs 824 crore to Rs 1,37,658 crore.
On the other hand, mortgage lender HDFC emerged as the biggest gainer with its market capitalisation rising by Rs 4,225 crore to Rs 1,22,304 crore.
FMCG major ITC saw a climb of Rs 4,007 crore in its valuations to a total of Rs 2,26,850 crore.
In the banking space, SBI and HDFC Bank witnessed an increase in their respective market capitalisation. HDFC Bank's valuation rose by Rs 2,109 crore, while that of SBI grew by Rs 258 crore to Rs 1,44,700 crore.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held