Top batsman, potential captain Virat Kohli at Express Adda on Tuesday
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
When India began their tour of Australia last December, Virat Kohli was still to transcend the line separating promise and fulfillment. By the end of the tour, while his celebrated colleagues confronted uncomfortable questions over their futures, Kohli had gone from boy to man.
In the Tests, Kohli was easily India's best batsman. In ODIs, he made a case to be considered the world's best batsman. After four more hundreds in seven ODI innings, his anointment as ICC ODI Player of the Year was a formality.
On Tuesday, a select audience in the Capital will interact with Kohli at the latest edition of Express Adda. Like previous guests — Amitabh Bachchan, Viswanathan Anand and Thomas Friedman, among others — Kohli can be counted as among the most important voices in his field, and a potential captain.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy