Top cop shown the door
- PM Modi breaks silence on Raghuram Rajan's reappointment, says it shouldn't be of media's interest
- Kejriwal, Nitish witnesses Mamata's oath-taking ceremony at Kolkata's Red Road
- US asks Pakistan to cooperate with India on 26/11 probe
- Even if we could benefit from polarisation, we wouldn’t want to derive such benefits: Rajnath Singh
- Opinion: Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
Pachnanda now joins the ranks of several police commissioners who had to make unceremonious exits from their posts —- including Biren Saha and Prasun Mukherjee (fallout of Rizwanur Rahman case), former Commissioners of Kolkata Police during the Left regime. Under the Mamata government, Pachnanda is the second to leave under bitter circumstances after Damayanti Sen, the former Joint Commissioner of Kolkata Police who was removed over the Park Street rape case.
The sudden removal of Pachnanda is expected to adversely affect the morale of the police force, with those at the top suffering from lack of confidence, said top officers.
R K Pachnanda posted as ADG Security.
Surojit Kar Purokayastha posted as CP, Kolkata.
Soumyen Mitra posted as ADG Law and Order.
Banibrata Bose posted as IG law and order.
G M Reddy posted as ADG Intelligence Branch
Virendra posted as ADG adminstration .
CID, West Bengal, takes over investigation of Garden Reach police officer murder case
R K Pachnanda posted as ADG Security
Surojit Kar Purokayastha posted as CP, Kolkata
n Soumyen Mitra posted as ADG, Law and Order.
n Banibrata Bose posted as IG, Law and Order
n G M Reddy posted as ADG, Intelligence Branch
n Virendra posted as ADG, Adminstration
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating