Top Gujarat IAS officer shifted
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Dr Hasmukh Adhia, an IAS officer of 1981 batch who is currently principal secretary in Education Department, has been transferred as principal secretary (Finance), replacing Dr Varesh Sinha, who has been appointed Chief Secretary with effect from February 1. Dr Adhia will continue holding additional charge of Education Department until further orders, said an official release on Thursday.