Top JeM commander killed in encounter with security forces in Kupwara
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A top self-styled commander of Jaish-e-Mohammad militant outfit was killed in an encounter with security forces in Kupwara district of Kashmir, police said today.
"Qari Yasir, top most Jaish commander, was gunned down by police with the assistance of army at village Garewad in Lolab area of Kupwara this morning," a police spokesman said. Further details of the incident are awaited, he added.