Top officer found dead under mysterious circumstances
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Chief Post Master General, Punjab circle, K L Khanna, was found dead under mysterious circumstances around 10.30 am on Wednesday at his Sector 30 residence.
Khanna, 59, was younger brother of retired IAS officer Sudha Pillai and brother-in-law of retired Union Home Secretary G K Pillai. The cause behind the sudden death of the officer is not known yet. Post mortem report is awaited.
Police said, no external injuries were found on Khanna's body. Khanna was rushed to Government Multi Specialty Hospital -16, where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
Police said, around 10.30 am, Khanna's son found his father lying unconscious in his room. Khanna's son informed the officials working at his father's office about the mysterious death.
However, sources said that around 7.30 am, Khanna had called his driver asking him to come later from his usual pick-up time of 8.30 am for his office in Sector 17.
As per available information, Khanna suffered a head injury. Khanna was to retire on October 31. His wife and daughter reside in Delhi while his son resides with him. He will be cremated on Thursday.