Top officers vie for NHRC post, seven shortlisted
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Others in the long list of 23 applicants include M Maraikamalai, president of the District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum; B L Khatri, former CAT administrative member; Prof D R Perumal Swamy, State Information Commissioner, Tamil Nadu; journalist Vivek Kumar Singh; Shiv Murat Ram, former railway superintendent; Prof (Dr) K S Chalam, ex-UPSC member; and Dilip Rajpal, a Madhya Pradesh Congress leader.
Former Bureau of Civil Aviation Security commissioner Gurjot Singh Malhi and former Goa DGP B S Brar applied directly.