Top Pak TV anchor Hamid Mir escapes bid on life
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal slapped in Delhi; FIR filed against Beni Prasad Verma in UP
- Amit Shah will destroy secular fabric of UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
A top Pakistani television anchor escaped a bid on his life as an improvised explosive device was found planted under his car.
A bomb disposal squad was called in to defuse the bomb that was found under Geo News anchor Hamid Mir's car by his driver.
The driver spotted the IED after Mir returned to his home in Islamabad from a nearby market.
The bomb, hidden in a black bag and packed into a tin, contained a locally made explosive, a detonator and a battery, the channel reported.
It aired footage of a member of the bomb disposal squad, clad in protective clothing, defusing the bomb.
No group claimed responsibility for the attempt on the life of Mir, who hosts a night-time talk show on Geo News.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city