Top themes and destinations for New Year's Eve celebrations
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
New Year's Eve is around the corner, and everybody is gearing up for big celebrations. With people seeking for new methods to celebrate, HolidayIQ.com analysis of vacations planned in India for December 20, 2013 - January 10, 2014 reveals that beach and city destinations still remain the most popular choice for enjoying a new year party. The report also identifies travel trends and preferences in destinations, themes for this year-end holiday.
Popular party destinations for New year eve celebration:
Beach and city destinations are popular party choices this season with Goa, Pondicherry, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Shillong and Varkala being the top spots.
Goa is the obvious hot spot this new year, with travellers heading to Morjim, Baga and Anjuna Beach in the party capital of the country. Other beach destinations for this new year are Pondicherry and Varkala in Kerala. The restaurants and clubs in French Colony and fireworks display on The Promenade and lounges near the cliff overlooking Varkala Beach are popular among travellers.
City slickers have chosen metros to party into the new year. Lower Parel, Juhu, Carter Road and Colaba for parties and performances at popular lounge bars like Blue Frog and Poison in Mumbai. Farmhouse parties in Chattarpur, clubs in areas like Vasant Kunj, Saket and Chanakyapuri in Delhi and Park Street in Kolkata are the trending party places.
Offbeat new year experience:
Cheese making, Wine tasting, Organic farming, Farm living, Bird watching
Become a farmer or a wine maker for a day, here is your chance to celebrate new year in a quirky way. You can try your hands on the art of cheese making at Acres Wild, Coonoor or become a wine maker at Sula Vineyards, Nashik.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer