Topless activist ditches top outside courthouse after escaping 3 charges
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
A topless activist kept her shirt on long enough to accept a conditional dismissal on three charges on Wednesday, then she promptly stripped off as she walked out of the courthouse.
Keeping a black jacket on before the judge at her lawyer's request, Holly Van Voast accepted a deal covering her trespassing, disorderly conduct and pot possession arrest stemming from when she showed churchgoers and tourists her breasts inside St. Patrick's Cathedral on Jan. 30, 2012.
The agreement also includes two topless arrests last summer: On the D train on May 7 for occupying multiple seats; and on the L train on June 7 for interfering with passenger movement, disorderly conduct and occupying multiple seats.
The 46-year-old serial stripper turned heads as she ditched her top upon exiting the courthouse, followed by a number of photographers, the New York Daily News reported.
Van Voast — who sports a black drawn-on mustache — said she stayed respectable in the courtroom as she is "not an exhibitionist" and didn't want to do the predicable thing.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express