Topless activist ditches top outside courthouse after escaping 3 charges
- HC rejects Dayanidhi Maran's bail plea, asks him to surrender in three days
- Parliament logjam: No end in sight as govt, opposition stick to stand
- Can't keep a watch on people who want to see porn in privacy: Govt tells SC
- 6.2-magnitude quake hits northern Afghanistan
- AAP MLA Alka Lamba booked for trespassing, damaging property
A topless activist kept her shirt on long enough to accept a conditional dismissal on three charges on Wednesday, then she promptly stripped off as she walked out of the courthouse.
Keeping a black jacket on before the judge at her lawyer's request, Holly Van Voast accepted a deal covering her trespassing, disorderly conduct and pot possession arrest stemming from when she showed churchgoers and tourists her breasts inside St. Patrick's Cathedral on Jan. 30, 2012.
The agreement also includes two topless arrests last summer: On the D train on May 7 for occupying multiple seats; and on the L train on June 7 for interfering with passenger movement, disorderly conduct and occupying multiple seats.
The 46-year-old serial stripper turned heads as she ditched her top upon exiting the courthouse, followed by a number of photographers, the New York Daily News reported.