Tourism exhibition, India Travel Mart, begins
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
Anil Kumar, Home Secretary, Chandigarh Administration inaugurated the India Travel Mart (ITM), an International Travel Tourism Exhibition at Hotel Mountview here on Saturday.
He was accompanied by DK Tiwari, Secretary, Tourism and other officials and members of the tourism fraternity of Chandigarh. The event is one of the biggest international travel and tourism exhibitions.
Home Secretary, Chandigarh interacted with various exhibitors and representatives of various state tourism corporations. While addressing the media on Saturday, he highlighted the strategic role of Chandigarh in promoting tourism in the region. The main highlights of the event are pilgrimage tourism, adventure tourism, eco tourism, health tourism and wildlife tourism. For the next three days, ITM will serve as a nerve centre of travel, and is expected to attract more visitors than last year.