Tourist pushed out of train in U’khand
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Investigators suspect hijack, exploring all possibilities
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Media sold out to Modi, will jail them if we form govt, warns Kejriwal
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
A tourist from Holland was pushed out off a running train by an unidentified person who robbed her in Haridwar district, the police said.
Flair de Noozle (34), a Dutch national, was going to Amritsar by Dehradun-Amritsar Express on Monday when she was pushed off the train by an unknown man, SSP Arun Mohan Joshi said.
Flair went to the toilet with a bag tied around her waist after the train left Laxar station when she was pushed out of the running train by a man standing near the wash basin. The man jumped out of the train and snatched the bag from Flair, who lay unconscious near the railway track, and later fled the spot, the SSP said.
A police patrol team found Flair and rushed her to a nearby nursing home where she was treated for her injuries and discharged from on Wednesday.
The bag contained Flair's passport, ATM and credit cards and iPod among other valuables, Joshi said.
Flair came to India on October 2 on a tourist visa, he added.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy