Tourist pushed out of train in U’khand
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
A tourist from Holland was pushed out off a running train by an unidentified person who robbed her in Haridwar district, the police said.
Flair de Noozle (34), a Dutch national, was going to Amritsar by Dehradun-Amritsar Express on Monday when she was pushed off the train by an unknown man, SSP Arun Mohan Joshi said.
Flair went to the toilet with a bag tied around her waist after the train left Laxar station when she was pushed out of the running train by a man standing near the wash basin. The man jumped out of the train and snatched the bag from Flair, who lay unconscious near the railway track, and later fled the spot, the SSP said.
A police patrol team found Flair and rushed her to a nearby nursing home where she was treated for her injuries and discharged from on Wednesday.
The bag contained Flair's passport, ATM and credit cards and iPod among other valuables, Joshi said.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might