Towel, brick, soap case recovered from suspicious bag found in Delhi
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A towel, a brick and a soap case were recovered from a laptop bag found abandoned near Base Hospital in south Delhi's Dhaula Kuan area on Monday afternoon. The bag said to contain explosives had created panic across the city after a call was made to the police control room (PCR).
A sniffer dog belonging to the Indian Army's Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) indicated that the bag contained explosives sending the entire security apparatus in a tizzy. Officials took over three hours to declare the contents in the bag.
"The Army officials said they wanted to defuse the bomb in the bag but the Delhi Police objected to it as they wanted to retain it for investigations. The NSG team was called and the a bomb screen was created. The bag was taken to a isolated area and when it was sanitised a towel, brick and soap case were recovered from it," said a senior official.
Officials said OP Makkar, a Paschim Vihar resident threw the bag near the Base Hospital and made a call to the police. Two men had stopped Makkar's car near a traffic signal and asked him to pick the bag. When he refused they threw the bag in Makkar's car and fled away. "Makkar in turn stopped his car and threw the car on the road and then made a call to the police," said the official.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun