Toyota Kirloskar sales down 23% in January
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Toyota Kirloskar Motor today reported 23.37 per cent decrease in its domestic car sales at 13,329 units in January 2013.
The company had sold 17,395 units in the corresponding month of previous year, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said in a statement.
During the month, the company exported 1,791 units of Etios series to South Africa, and hence the total sales registered in January this year stood at 15,120 units.
Commenting on numbers, TKM Deputy Managing Director and COO (Marketing and Commercial) Sandeep Singh said: "The market is still witnessing a slowdown, especially the passenger car segment. The prospects for the second half of 2013 look better. The repo rate cut (by RBI) is a welcome step."
With the budget round the corner, we are looking for some more measures that will bring about positive growth, he added.