Toyota recalls 1 million cars for air bags, wipers problems
- Army advises jawans to stop consuming Maggi; Delhi bans sale
- Kejriwal vs Jung: MHA may stop salaries of ACB officials inducted from other states
- Five men gangrape two Delhi women in Goa
- Flood-hit Jammu farmers get Rs 32 as compensation
- Baby milk boycott to child labour, how controversies are not new to Nestle
Toyota is recalling 907,000 vehicles, mostly Corolla models, around the world for faulty air bags and another 385,000 Lexus IS luxury cars for defective wipers, Toyota Motor Corp spokesman Naoto Fuse said today.
There have been no accidents or injuries related to either of those defects, but the Japanese automaker received 46 reports of problems involving the air bags from North America, and one from Japan, he said.
There were 25 reports of problems related to the windshield wipers.
Being recalled for air bags that can improperly inflate are 752,000 Corolla and Corolla Matrix cars in the US as well as thousands of similar vehicles in Japan, Mexico and Canada, manufactured between December 2001 and May 2004.
The problem windshield wipers can get stuck if there is heavy snowfall, according to Toyota.