Tractor driver arrested for rape of minor
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A tractor driver, who raped a minor girl on the pretext of marrying her in Odisha's Ganjam district, has been arrested.
"Twenty-year-old Uali Mallick, a tractor driver from Karadabadi in Sorada area in the district, was arrested yesterday after the 16-year-old girl lodged an FIR", police said.
The victim, a school drop out and a close relative of the accused, alleged in her FIR that Mallick had raped her many times during the last four months on a promise to marry.
Both the victim and accused were medically examined, Inspector-in-charge of Sorada police station, Jagannath Mallick said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express