Tractor driver arrested for rape of minor
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A tractor driver, who raped a minor girl on the pretext of marrying her in Odisha's Ganjam district, has been arrested.
"Twenty-year-old Uali Mallick, a tractor driver from Karadabadi in Sorada area in the district, was arrested yesterday after the 16-year-old girl lodged an FIR", police said.
The victim, a school drop out and a close relative of the accused, alleged in her FIR that Mallick had raped her many times during the last four months on a promise to marry.
Both the victim and accused were medically examined, Inspector-in-charge of Sorada police station, Jagannath Mallick said.