Traffic cop held for sexual harassment
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Yuvraj, Kohli power RCB to thumping win
The UT Police has arrested a Traffic Police Constable, Jatinder Pal Singh, who allegedly tried to outrage the modesty of a woman at the challaning branch of the UT Traffic Police, Sector 29, on Saturday.
A woman had gone to pay her challan at the Sector 29 challaning branch. As per police sources, the girl was standing in the queue when Singh approached her saying that he was like her "uncle" and that he could help her in paying the challan.
He then asked her to come to the challaning officer's room to pay the challan. Since the challaning officer did not allow him to enter, he asked the woman to take his mobile number and call him for any assistance.
When the woman showed reluctance to share her number, he tried to touch her. The woman then went to one of the inspectors and narrated him the incident. The constable was called and was asked to explain.
Later, the police station of the area was informed and the constable was arrested and booked on charges of an intent to outrage a woman's modesty.
DSP (Traffic) Kamal Deep said, "Senior officials have been informed and a requisite action will be taken against the official tomorrow."