Traffic cop held for sexual harassment
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
The UT Police has arrested a Traffic Police Constable, Jatinder Pal Singh, who allegedly tried to outrage the modesty of a woman at the challaning branch of the UT Traffic Police, Sector 29, on Saturday.
A woman had gone to pay her challan at the Sector 29 challaning branch. As per police sources, the girl was standing in the queue when Singh approached her saying that he was like her "uncle" and that he could help her in paying the challan.
He then asked her to come to the challaning officer's room to pay the challan. Since the challaning officer did not allow him to enter, he asked the woman to take his mobile number and call him for any assistance.
When the woman showed reluctance to share her number, he tried to touch her. The woman then went to one of the inspectors and narrated him the incident. The constable was called and was asked to explain.
Later, the police station of the area was informed and the constable was arrested and booked on charges of an intent to outrage a woman's modesty.
DSP (Traffic) Kamal Deep said, "Senior officials have been informed and a requisite action will be taken against the official tomorrow."
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully