Traffic cop shot at in Welcome
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
A 40-year old traffic constable was shot at by unidentified persons in Northwest Delhi's Welcome area on Thursday night. The constable had tried to break up a fight when the men shot at him from close range.
According to police, the incident was reported from Welcome Metro station. Constable Ravinder was returning to the quarters behind the police station. "Ravinder saw a few men fighting. They were armed with rods. He tried to sort out the matter but one of them shot at him," a police officer said. Ravinder reportedly sustained injuries on the left side of his chest. He called one of his relatives after he was shot at. He was taken to GTB Hospital. Police said his condition was stable.
Ravinder was in plain clothes, due to which police suspect that the assailants assumed that he was a passerby.
"On the basis of Ravinder's complaint, we have registered a case of attempt to murder against the men," the police officer said. "Efforts are on to identify and apprehend the accused."